Our Mission Statement is simple:
“To be the premier remanufacturer of Transmissions, Axles and Hydraulics.”
TRC is a wholesale only program. We want to be your partner, not your competitor.
TRC separates ourselves from local providers with our deep Original Equipment (OE) connections and access to critical product, process and diagnostic information. TRC separates ourselves from other national providers with our investment in nationwide distribution, management and quick, decision making.
We strive to perfect this balance to bring our customers the
best of both worlds:
• World class capabilities • Nationwide access to expertise, service and product
Multiple OE Affiliations:
• TRC is recognized as one of the top two remanufacturers of commercial vehicle drive train components in North America allowing us to provide the best cost and quality combination for your company’s needs.
• TRC only supplies Allison transmissions remanufactured in our dedicated facilities with 100% Allison genuine components.
• TRC is one of a select few remanufacturers authorized by Eaton to remanufacture manual transmissions, utilizing their nationwide warranty network to support our authorized product.
• We are a prominent warranty center for Muncie, Eaton Hydraulics, Dana Off Highway, FABCO and many more.
• These direct relationships ensure we have access to the latest design changes and these
improvements are built into our remanufactured units to ensure the highest quality of product performance.
• TRC has direct relationships with virtually every major supplier to the commercial truck market.
• TRC is a specialist, not a generalist. This focus on the commercial vehicle drive train affords us the opportunity to provide the detailed expertise, product and services required as products evolve and become more complex. By not trying to be all things to all people, TRC is your best bet for the mundane as well as the complicated needs related to the drive train.
• By centralizing the remanufacturing process into seven product centric facilities, we can control quality through a standardized, industrialized and repeatable remanufacturing process. This means
that each component is fully disassembled and consistently remanufactured to an OE specification.
• TRC has a best in class testing regiment with 13 electronic dynamometers across the enterprise.
• We use Kaizen and Lean manufacturing techniques extensively across the company to drive quality
into every process. We conduct a minimum of four week-long Kaizen exercises annually and employ two full time lean experts.
• An industry leading, nationwide warranty experience is a reflection of the systematic approach
we employ for quality. Feedback to the customer as well as the shop floor is immediate and fact
based to drive improvement in our process and your business.
• TRC has multiple Regional Sales Managers working in the field to serve your specific needs.
• We have 28 strategically located distribution centers across the nation to quickly meet your unique drive train requirements.
• TRC utilizes 100 delivery trucks to respond immediately to your product needs and provide free pick up and delivery of orders.
• TRC has a 95% fill rate on complete unit orders within 24 hours.
Remanufacturing was "green" before green was cool. As a matter of fact, worldwide, the energy saved during remanufacturing is equivalent to the energy produced by 8 nuclear power plants. While remanufacturing has begun in numerous industries, the heart of the business remains in the remanufacturing of vehicle components. TRC has been at the forefront of the remanufacturing industry for 30+ years, salvaging over 160,000 tons of steel destined for landfills.
Recent studies have confirmed that a remanufactured transmission or differential consumes 85% less energy than a brand new component – with no drop off in performance.
TRC is a long time member of APRA and a charter member of MERA, the leading associations focused on the automotive remanufacturing industry.
“First of all, let’s clarify the
difference between a remanufactured transmission and one that is
simply rebuilt. TRC transmissions are totally remanufactured,
returning them to the latest blueprint specifications and tested
to original equipment standards,” explains Morrow. “The typical
rebuilt transmission is only repaired to the level of failure.
That means any components beyond this level are left intact.
Additionally, testing procedures often vary among individual
rebuilders. Having been exposed to TRC’s process, I can attest
that they have a robust remanufacturing and testing process—they
are not just a rebuilder.”
Detroit Diesel Remanufacturing Corp.